collecting personal information
When you register to use this site or place an order you will be asked to submit certain personal information. You will also be asked to provide personal information when you subscribe to our newsletter, request a catalogue, complete a questionnaire or enter a competition.
We only collect personal information that you provide to us and we are committed to storing this data securely. To protect stored information we use SSL encryption technology. This ensures that the information is not accessible to other users or third parties.
using personal information
The information that you submit to us is used to:
- authenticate your identity when you log in
- process and fulfill your order
- send you a catalogue and/or other product literature if requested
- keep you informed about our special offers, new products and competitions
- monitor how much the site is used so we can review, develop and improve the products and services we offer
Personal information will, as a matter of default, be deleted if a customer remains inactive for a period of six years.
keeping you informed
We may keep you informed about our products and services via post and fax. If you would like to receive this information via email, you can opt-in to this service when registering, completing an account form, or subscribing to the 'BRT E-Newsletter' on the homepage.
If you do not wish to receive such information you can be removed from our mailing list by:
- writing "Please remove me from your mailing list" on the envelope or fax letter before returning it to the address / fax number printed on the front
- selecting the "unsubscribe link" at the bottom of the email
- selecting "unsubscribe" to our e-newsletters on the homepage
disclosing your information
Your information will be passed on to a third party in order for us to:
- process credit card payments
- process and deliver orders
- anaylse sales by our suppliers
These third parties will only have access to the personal information required to complete their task. We will never sell customer information to third parties.
protecting your information
When you submit personal information to the site i.e. when you are registering or when you are updating your account details, the data you provide is sent in a secure encrypted form. We also use the encryption transmission system for when you place an order with a credit or debit card. This technology is called SSL. It is an industry standard 128-bit encryption and is the strongest currently available.
If you do not wish to place your order online you can call: 01527 527223
To help us keep track of how many visitors our site receives, how frequently they visit and the products that they purchase, we use 'cookies'. A cookie is a small piece of information that our site transfers to the Web browser on your computer's hard drive. This enables our site to recognise your browser.
Cookies do not contain confidential information such as credit card numbers or address details and they are not able to transmit any other information held on your computer. If you do not wish to receive cookies from our site, you can adjust your browser so that they are not accepted. If you do not know how to do this your browser will offer you guidance through its help menu. If you choose to do turn your cookies off, you will still be able to use our site.